Wednesday, September 4, 2013

So... My person (for those of you who don't watch Grey's Anatomy I guess you could call her a best friend) and I are about to embark for Paris, France. Three and a half months speaking French. Oh yeah this is going to be fun... +Katie Gerhardt will be writing this with me as a way to keep our loved ones in the loop and let's be honest, as a way to blow off steam after speaking French poorly and having Parisians judge us for butchering the language all day, every day.
As two college students we are excited to experience new countries in every way we can, but it's still pretty scary. We love our families and love time at home with them but how often does one get to live in another country and pay the same tuition as going to school in the states? Thankfully we have each other to help with the excitement and terror the experience is bound to bring. I couldn't imagine going so far away without her. We support each other through normal school stress and now we get a whole new kind of stress.
I can't wait to see Paris and finally get a better grasp on the French language. I have taken it for 6 years and still don't feel completely comfortable speaking it. A semester taking all French courses in France, I can't think of a better way to become close to fluent. I'm looking forward to talking to people from other  cultural backgrounds and expanding my group of friends. I keep thinking of living in such a beautiful, historical city and visiting so many wonderful sights and cities. I'm beyond stressed about my classes and speaking French but between the wine and food and traveling with my person I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Well I have to get some last minute packing in and some sleep so I can be on a plane all day tomorrow. Next time I post I will be abroad and Katie will have introduced herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment